There is never a shortage of new features on Facebook to enhance the user experience. The company added various features, including new pre-shared tips, sound-based emojis, and Live Sound Rooms like Clubhouse earlier this year. And now, Facebook has added a new ‘Add photos from your mobile device’ button to its desktop platform. It allows users to select photos from their smartphone to upload via the website.
This new Facebook feature is a nifty plugin for the web platform. It allows you to draft posts on the desktop, giving you more canvas, and allowing you to quickly upload photos from your smartphone. So here’s how you can upload photos to the Facebook web platform from your mobile device:
How to Add Photos From Mobile on Facebook Web (2021)
Before you go through the steps to upload photos from your mobile device to the desktop, it is worth mentioning that the Facebook app on your mobile device needs to be updated. So be sure to update the app from the Google Play Store or App Store before proceeding. Moreover, you need to be logged in to the same Facebook account on your mobile phone and website to use the feature.
Now, with that out of the way, here are the steps to put photos from a mobile device on the Facebook web platform.
1. Open Facebook in your favorite browser on your computer and log in to your account.
2. From home life, click on the “Photo / Video” button about “What’s on your mind?” post-created text box at the top.
3. The “Create post” popup window will open on your screen. Here you will find a new “Add photos from your mobile device” option, located below under the “Add Photos / Videos” option on Facebook.
4. Now, to upload photos to Facebook website from your mobile device, click “Add” button.
5. Now move to your smartphone and open the Facebook app. Go to the “Notifications” tab from the bottom navigation bar. You will receive a new notification, stating that “You can continue to add photos to your post”.
6. Tap on the notification to bring up the photo selection page in the Facebook mobile app. Select the images you want to upload and tap on the “Done” button at the top right. Next, tap on the “Done” button next to the “Add More Photos” button on the next page to make all these photos available on the web platform.
7. You will now see the selected photos on your mobile device appear in your post on Facebook website immediately. Add a caption, and click the “Post” button to share your photos on the social media platform.
This way, you can easily share photos and videos available on your smartphone through the desktop Facebook website. Additionally, you can post more photos from your smartphone, even after you select the front ones.
Upload Mobile Photos to Facebook Website Posts
That’s enough! This is a pretty cool feature that could be useful for many users like me who want to keep photos and videos stored on a smartphone instead of transferring them to a desktop or laptop. The feature is currently live on the Facebook web client as well as the mobile app. So try using the steps above and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.